There are numerous reasons why QuickBooks update error 1328 appears. One of these is the .temp files located in the config.msi folder. You may get an error message like this- “Error 1328.Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTxxxx.tmp.” Thus, when you try to update QuickBooks, you get this error.
But, you don’t have to worry! Here, in this guide, we’ll discuss QuickBooks update error 1328 causes and learn how to fix this error?
What are Common Causes of QuickBooks Error 1328?
This is an update error that mainly appears due to the temp file. However, some other factors are also responsible for the occurrence of this error.
Let’s take a glance:
- Download issue with QuickBooks software
- Damaged or corrupted program files
- Improper installation of QuickBooks file
- Invalid entries in windows OS
- System shutdown issue
- Malware or virus attack on your system
- The invalid license of the QuickBooks software
Getting QuickBooks Update Error 1328? Fix In 3 Steps Now
Multiple Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328
Primarily the issue appears due to windows operating files or QuickBooks files. If you fix these issues, the QuickBooks error 1328 may get resolved. Why does QuickBooks update error 1328 occur?. It’s an update error that occurs due to an issue in the temp file in the config msi folder. Learn how to fix it?
1. Update your windows
If your QuickBooks software has Microsoft components missing, it will not run smoothly. Therefore, it’s essential to update QuickBooks regularly. Here’s how you can do it:
Go to the Start menu >> search for Windows Updates >> tap on the windows update icon >> now, click the Check for Updates option >> wait for it to update, and then Restart your system.
2. Rename QuickBooks folder
Another cause of occurring QuickBooks update error 1328 is related to config. Msi file’s hidden folder. Rename the file and see if it resolves the error.
- Go to the C drive
- Locate Tools options>> now, choose Folder.
- Then, tap on the View tab on the upper bar.
- After that tick Hide Protected Operating System Files.
- Then, tap on the tab Option.
- After that, select all hidden files & folders.
- Moving forward, select Apply all and then the ok button.
- Right-tap on the config.msi file.
- Then, rename it. Please add ‘old’ and hit the enter button.
This will protect all your operating files including all hidden files and folders.
3. Repair your QuickBooks software
Is the error 1328 still here? Try this method. It’ll repair QuickBooks’ damaged and malicious files causing this issue. Please make sure you’re logged in as an administrator.
- Launch the Run dialog box.
- Now, enter the control panel and hit the enter button.
- Here, select the option Programs & Features.
- Now, locate and select the QuickBooks product heading section.
- Tap on the Uninstall button.
- After that, tap on the Repair tab.
- Run a QuickBooks application on your system.
- Apply patch when it finishes.
We hope you have resolved the QuickBooks update error 1328 using this guide. The process is easy and powerful. Thus, if you carefully apply each step, you may resolve this issue. But, if you still have an issue, we’re here to assist you. Connect us anytime!