In 2013, the Indian government introduced the PAHAL (DBTL) scheme for LPG customers. In order to receive direct payment of subsidy benefits into their bank accounts, users of the plan now have the option to link their Aadhaar numbers to their HP gas or LPG connections. All you need to receive subsidized benefits directly is an HP gas connection issued in your name, a savings account, and an Aadhaar card. If an Indian citizen wants to take advantage of the government’s “direct benefit transfer of LTP plan,” they must link their Aadhaar Card number to their HP (Hindustan Petroleum) gas connection. There are numerous ways to update or obtain an Aadhaar.
If you don’t already have an Aadhaar card, you can sign up for one. The quickest way to enroll is by going to the local Aadhaar allotment center. At the aadhaar allotment center, you can submit an application for an Aadhaar card in the required format. An Aadhaar card or letter will be delivered to your mailing address Within 15 to 20 days of your application. With the enrollment ID you received at the aadhaar enrolment center, you may also check your aadhaar status online at https://portal.uidai.gov.in/ResidentPortal/statusLink. Using an enrolment ID, you can also create an e-aadhaar on the UIDAI website.
Importance and benefits of linking aadhaar to your HP gas connection
It is important for Indian citizens to link aadhaar card to HP gas connection to easily avail the LPG subsidy benefits offered by the government of India. As per the government rules, you can only avail 12 LPG cylinders a year at subsidized rate. The amount of subsidy benefit will refunded the direct benefit transfer scheme of the Government of India by directly crediting it to your bank account only if you have linked your aadhaar card to your HP gas connection. you don’t need to track the benefit refund. The benefit will be automatically credited to a linked bank account, If the aadhaar linking is done.
Following are the ways to link aadhaar with HP gas connection:
- online approach
- Offline method
- SMS mode
- IVRS/IVRCL mode
- Through HP Gas customer service number
- Now, let’s take a look at the step by step process involved in updating/linking aadhaar to HP gas connection in each of these methods.
The procedure for connecting an online HP gas connection to an Aadhaar number
Here is how to link your aadhaar to your HP gas connection via an online technique.:-
- Access the UIDAI’s aadhaar seeding portal.
- In the online aadhaar seeding application, enter your home and work addresses.
- Choose the type of benefit you want to receive, in this case “LPG.” For the scheme name to link your Aadhaar card to your HP gas connection, choose HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited).
- You must choose your HP gas distributor’s name after choosing your “benefit kind” and input your “consumer number” for your HP gas connection after that.
- The seeding application needs personal information, including your mobile number, email address, and Aadhaar number.
- Review the information you
Also read: Top Sites To Visit In Ladakh