It has been many decades since QuickBooks has served small & medium-sized businesses worldwide. The software has assisted them by managing their finance and executing flawless accounting. The software offers users many services that help them monitor their business’s health. Despite being the best bookkeeping software, QuickBooks is prone to internal errors that the users do not desire. QuickBooks error 6210 is one such problem that restricts users from opening their company files. If you faced a similar issue in your QuickBooks, read the blog till the end to find out the causes of this error and a method you can use to counter it.
Our QB support team is always available for your help at +1 800-579-9430.
This error might jump in while you try to access your company file in QuickBooks. It indicates that the software cannot connect with the file hosted on a network. This might be due to some issues with the multi-user network being used to host the file, or the software is unable to trace the file path. Your data in the company file is entirely secure, and the error results from some misconfigured settings. The software may freeze after you see error codes when you attempt to open your file.
Details of the error
The company file is facing issues while opening due to the reasons mentioned underneath-
- The company file is currently hosted by a workstation that is not the server.
- The company file is harmed by a virus attack or data corruption in your hard drive that turned it into an unsupported format.
- The Database server manager has crashed in the background resulting in errors in the multi-user network.
- There is some damage in the Windows registry.
Read more :- QuickBooks not responding
You can use the method listed below to rectify this error from your QuickBooks-
Procedure- Rename the QB program files and run the Database server manager
The network descriptor file(.nd) & the transaction log file(.tlg) are some of the QB program files that can directly affect the software if they are somehow damaged or missing. Registering them again on the network using DBSM can resolve the issues. Follow the steps below to do the same-
- Open the folder containing your QB files.
- Look for files with the same name as your company file. The files will have extensions .ND & .TLG.
- Right-click on the file and select Rename.
- Add .old at the end of the file name.
- Repeat these steps for the other file too.
- After both the files are renamed, open QuickBooks Tools Hub and click on Network Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Database Manager from the drop-down list.
- Locate the folder that has the program files using Browse and start the scan.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to access your company file when the process is finished.
This procedure will fix the issues that occurred while you tried to open the company file.
We explained the causes of QuickBooks error 6210 in this blog, along with a procedure that can help you fix it. We hope you executed the method and your QuickBooks is free from errors now.
Contact our QB support team at +1 800-579-9430 to get your doubts clarified.
Related article :- QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to outlook