HP Printers are indispensable especially when you need quality printouts of your scanned document at a reasonable cost. While they are famous for their reliability, they are still problematic and need a helping hand from time to time. From the printer offline to the paper jam issue could arise when you print something. Luckily, we’ve shared the proactive HP Printer Troubleshooting guide quickly fix your printing issues in a second. You just have to keep an eye on the following blog post and implement the tips to bring back your printer in a good condition. Hence, you can resume your printing function without any hurdles.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide For HP Printer Issues Listed Below:
- Paper jam error
- HP printer ‘no toner error’.
- Showing ‘HP Printer Offline’ error.
- Some or all of the printing on the page is faded.
- A laser printer is ghosting.
- Toner smears or does not stay on the paper.
- Unable to find a compatible driver for Specified OS.
- Not printing from the expected paper tray.
Basic HP Printer Troubleshooting Methods
To annihilate the most common printer problems such as HP Printer Offline, print job stuck in queue, paper jamming, printer not printing color/black, or others, you have to perform the steps enumerated underneath. In this guide, we’ve compiled fruitful tips and techniques so you will be able to troubleshoot your HP Printer Problems in the blink of an eye. Let’s begin to follow!
Tips 1: Check For Your HP Printer Stability at ‘Set as Default Printer
It is very essential to give the right command to your actual printer for printing documents without receiving any technical errors. Therefore, if you confront an HP Printer Offline issue, immediately check and ensure that you give the correct print command to your printer. Setting your HP printer as ‘Default Printer’ will be your one-stop solution to get back your printer online. Therefore, go through the below-noted course of action accordingly to set your printer to default status:
- First, open the Windows Search bar and type “Control Panel” to open it quickly.
- Next, choose the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Now, on the next Window screen, from the displayed list of printers, select and right-click on the “HP Printer” icon.
- Afterward, select the “Set as default printer” option
- Now after completing these above steps if you see a green tick below your HP printer icon, then your HP Printer Troubleshooting job is done.
- You can now start using your printer for print.
Tips 2: Clear The Print Queue
HP printer often won’t receive any print commands if previous pending print traffic is referred to as ‘print queue’. Make sure no previous printing requests are stuck in the print queue. If there is any, clear the print queue ASAP to move ahead with newer requests. Here’s how to do so:
- Open “Control Panel” from the Windows search bar
- Select the “Devices and Printers” option from the appeared list.
- Place a right-click on your “HP Printer” icon and select the “See what’s printing” option from the menu.
- Next, click on the “Printer” tab and select the “Open as Administrator” option from the printer menu.
- Now, to cancel the previous print command traffic, open the “Printer” menu and select “Cancel All Documents”.
- Now, click “Yes” to confirm and proceed with your printing task.
Hopefully, such an HP Printer Troubleshooting guide has worked in canceling all the pending documents stuck in the print queue. You can now print without facing printer offline issues.
Tips 3: Update Faulty And Outdated HP Printer Drivers
If still HP Printer Offline error occurs and you are unable to print text, the best solution is to update or reinstall your printer driver. You can easily do this by following instructions:
- Go to the Search Option and type “Run” to open the run dialog box.
- Now, type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box and then press the “OK” button.
- Next, “Windows device manager” will open on the screen.
- Now, expand the category of “Print Queues” by giving a double click on it.
- Now, place a right-click on the listed printer name under this category.
- Afterward, tap on the “Update Driver” tab from the menu.
- Lastly, you have to wait for the printer driver update download to finish and then follow the on-screen shown instructions.
After upgrading your driver against your HP Printer to its latest released version, you can print without facing any tech glitch.
Contact Deft Connoisseurs For Reasonable HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide
We hope that the HP Printer Troubleshooting guide for your common HP Printer-related problems provided in this write-up has been effective for you. However, if you still face any issues or your printer yet says offline while you print your important document, don’t fret! We, the team of qualified and well-experienced tech specialists are dedicated to working all day and all night to support you. Thus, feel free to dial the given helpline number to contact us for any further assistance. You will be helped in the comfort of your home, it’s guaranteed!