QuickBooks is well-designed accounting and bookkeeping software that thousands of companies use globally. Its variety of tools helps companies manage their financial data efficiently. New updates of this software are released regularly by Intuit.
Despite QuickBooks’ advanced features, users often face errors in it. One such error is the QuickBooks Error 403. It occurs when the users perform QB tasks requiring an internet connection. The server fails to connect to the web page.
Usually, the following error message is displayed:
‘Error 403: Access Forbidden or Access Denied’
If you are also facing this error, read this blog to find some quick solutions.
Are you unable to quickly fix the QuickBooks Error 403? Dial +1-855-856-0042 to contact our QuickBooks support team for professional advice and help.
Why does the QB Error Code 403 occur?
The QB Error Code 403 can occur due to one or more of the following reasons:
- If the Local Area Network (LAN) settings in the Internet Explorer are not configured correctly, this error can get triggered.
- It is possible that the firewall on your system may be blocking you from accessing the web page. It is one of the leading causes of this error.
- If you don’t have the required privilege as a QB user to access some applications, this error can occur.
A Recommended to read article: QuickBooks database server manager stopped
Effective Techniques to Get Rid of the QuickBooks Error Message 403
You can eliminate the QuickBooks Error Message 403 by using the following techniques:
Technique 1: Configure the LAN settings in the Internet Explorer correctly
- Navigate to the Internet Explorer icon on your system and open it.
- Click on the ‘Gear Icon’ and navigate to the ‘Tools’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Internet Options’ tab from the menu bar and hit the ‘Connections’ option.
- Now click on the ‘LAN settings’ tab.
- You will now find a checkbox with the description: ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’.
- Click on the ‘OK’ option to save your changes in the ‘LAN settings’ window.
- Hit the ‘OK’ tab and close the ‘Internet Options’ window.
If the error is not rectified, move on to the following method.
Read more: QuickBooks company file not found
Technique 2: Configure your firewall settings to rectify this error
- Navigate to the Windows ‘Start’ menu.
- Type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search field and click on its icon.
- After opening Windows Firewall, click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ option.
- You should now right-click on the ‘Inbound Rules’ tab.
- Click on the ‘New Rule’ option.
- Choose the ‘Port’ tab and tap on the ‘Next’ option.
- You should ensure that the ‘TCP’ button is selected.
- You will now get a ‘specific local ports’ field.
- Now you should type all the specific ports required for your QuickBooks year version. You can find port number from the ‘Port Monitor’ tab of the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- Hit the ‘Next’ option.
- Now choose the ‘Allow the Connection’ tab and strike on the ‘Next’ button.
- Select all the profiles if you receive a prompt window, and click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- You can now create a rule. Provide it a name like ‘QuickBooksPorts (year)’.
- After completing the task, hit the ‘Finish’ tab.
- You should now repeat the same steps for the Outbound Rules. For doing this, select ‘Outbound Rules’ on fourth step.
The error should now be resolved. If it persists, utilize the following method.
You may like this guide if you are frustrated with QuickBooks Error OL 221
Technique 3: Log into QuickBooks as an Admin user
- You should right-click on the QB desktop icon on your system.
- Navigate to the ‘Run as Administrator’ option and click on it.
- Enter your password in the specified field and log into the QB as an Admin user.
- You can now perform the required task in the QB desktop.
This blog provided you the most accurate insight into the QuickBooks Error 403. You now know the various factors responsible for this error. Furthermore, you also learnt the various methods to rectify this error. It is essential to implement each solution in the correct sequence to eliminate this error.
For further technical help and support, feel free to dial +1-855-856-0042 to reach out to our QuickBooks Support Team.