QuickBooks helped the people who needed credible accounting but lacked a good accountant due to any reason. Their business was also affected due to the lack of an accountant to manage bookkeeping. QuickBooks solved all these problems and successfully handled all the accounting and financial tasks required to run a business. Now it is a preferred choice for businesses worldwide. Even after being a leading software in this industry, QuickBooks is expected to develop some random runtime errors like any other software. QuickBooks error 213 is also one error that can affect the software’s working. If you also encountered this error in your QuickBooks, then keep reading the blog to know more about the error and the ways you can fix it.
If you need expert assistance on this issue, contact them at +1-855-856-0042.
About the issue
A QBwin.log file in QuickBooks stores the program messages & errors, also data created during verify, rebuild and condensing of the files. This error occurs when there is a duplicate entry in your QBwin.log file. You might also lose access to Verify Data utility which can be used to figure out discrepancies in your data file, and the software will cast an error message,” Verify Name list. Duplicate name encountered.” if you try to rebuild your data.
This error might have occurred because of the reasons mentioned below-
- Duplicate name entry in the QBwin.log file.
- The QuickBooks files may be damaged because of data corruption.
- Some issues have developed in the windows registry.
We have organized some methods you can use to fix this error from your QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Find the duplicate entries in the data which may be inactive currently
It is possible the duplicate entries in the file have turned inactive now; follow the steps to fetch the entries-
- Open your QuickBooks.
- Click the Lists option and select Item List from the drop-down menu.
- Under the Items tab, click the drop-down arrow and select Show inactive items.
- Find any duplicate name entries.
- Delete or rename every duplicate entry you find.
- After you have removed all the duplicate entries, reopen your QuickBooks.
If the issues are still present, try the next solution.
blog posted on independent news stories.
Solution 2-Manually search for the duplicate entries
The QBwin.log file is located in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks\log\XX\QBWin.log (XX denotes QB version)
Open the file and refer to the steps below-
- Press Ctrl + END simultaneously to scroll down to the bottom of the file.
- Press Ctrl + F to open a file search window and type ‘Duplicate.’
- Find the file with the name, account, and details mentioned in the error message.
Now, proceed to Edit the name of the file-
- Locate the list that has your file name.
- Double-click on the file name to edit it.
- Add or remove at least one character from the file name for differentiation, and Save the file.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
All the issues because of duplicate entries will be sorted after applying these methods.
This brings us to the end of this blog; we focused on elaborating QuickBooks error 213 with its triggers and solutions. We expect these methods helped remove the error from your QuickBooks.
For any further issues, talk to a QB expert at +1-855-856-0042.